24 Jul 2017, 09:02 — 3 min read
Change is constant, unpredictable and accelerating. Extreme change can, much like a hurricane, leave you dizzy, disoriented and dazed, as though the earth is moving under your feet. Even if you survive the storm, you know more is coming.
Just as a train requires two well-maintained rails to reach its destination, likewise, organisations going through change require two well maintained rails to succeed — a change management plan and a transition management strategy. Even though both are necessary, change management efforts usually get most of the attention. While most leaders focus the majority of their time and attention on the numbers, the people issues often make or break a deal.
Organisations and individuals, in order to stay ahead would need to be cognisant of the following to bring change:
1. Become an agent of change in the organisation by seizing new opportunities.
2. Create alignment in the leadership team - Engagement and buy-in starts with each leader. Get engaged before engaging others.
3. Assess your organisation’s behavioural strengths - Evaluate the level of engagement within your organisation: C-level, managerial and employees.
4. Become change ready - Foster the extraordinary mindset and skills of change readiness throughout the entire organisations
5. Re-engage and retain valuable employees - Hold on to and improve the performance of star employees, as well as motivate and re-engage disengaged employees.
6. Manage change - Hardest part of change is the transitions and discovering strategies to successfully navigate change.
7. Develop inspiring messages - Learn to communicate clearly, succinctly with powerfully, engaging messages about change.
8. Motivate employees - Increase motivation and engagement through the pillars of engagement.
9. Accept change - Deal effectively with resistance to change and communicate the rationale for change initiatives.
And finally, increase resilience so as to repeat the cycle of success with skills to adapt to adversity, overcome obstacles and reinvent yourself.
To explore business opportunities, link with us by clicking on the 'Invite' button on our eBiz Card.
Recommended articles for you